Chic Trends – Nautical Stripes
Nautical stripes are a staple that should be in every Chicista’s closet. Not only is it a classic for anytime of the year, but it can also be worn in many different ways. You can it dress casually for a day of shopping or a coffee date with a friend or you can dress it up after work for a happy hour with your coworkers. The possibilities are endless with the perfect nautical shirt.
A great way to pair up your striped shirt is with leather skinnies and some loafers or fashion sneakers. This gives you an effortless yet well put together look for any daytime running around that you may have. If you want to wear stripes to work but need to look happy hour appropriate at your favorite wine bar, how about swapping the leather skinnies for a black flowy skirt? Just wear a red lip before leaving work to give you a more made-up look.
Chic Trends – DIY Cracked Lip Mask
Let’s face it ladies: sometimes lip balm just isn’t enough. You buy a different one every time you step into a drugstore or Sephora and pray that this one will be the one that will finally moisturize your lips and take them back to your baby days.
We know that feeling all too well so taking the extra step to care for your lips especially in the winter is vital for their overall well-being. A lip mask will do just the trick and you only need a few simple things:
2. Plastic wrap
3. Oatmeal (optional)
4. Warm cloth (optional)
Watch the video for step-by-step instructions. We suggest adding a bit of soaked and softened oatmeal for extra nourishment and a bit of exfoliation. The warm cloth is optional bit if you run it under warm water and press it against your lips prior to the mask, it’ll help soften your lips to better absorb the mask.
happy birthday, dana vaughns!
10 BETTER BODY AFFIRMATIONS FOR YOUNG people*
1. Your body is in flux for the rest of your life. Think of your body as fluid instead of static — it’s always going to change. So get comfortable with those changes.
2. No one will love you or not love you because of your body. You are lovable because you’re you, not because your body looks a certain way.
3. The most intensely personal relationship you’ll ever have is with your body. It’s a lifelong relationship that’s well worth investing in and nurturing the same way you would with loved ones.
4. You don’t owe your body to anyone. Not sexually, not aesthetically. Your body is yours. Period.
5. What someone else says about your body says more about them than it does about you. Look past the actual snark to the person who’s saying it, because it’s only a reflection of what they think of themselves. That’s when you’ll see how little power their words have.
6. Your body is not a reflection of your character. It’s a physical home for the complex and wondrous and unique being that is you.
7. Take up as much space as you want. You don’t have to be small, or quiet, or docile, regardless of your physical size.
8. Everything you need to accept your body is already inside you. There’s no book, or diet, or workout routine or external affirmation that you need to feel good about your body right now.
9. Your body is a priority. It’s always trying to tell you things. Taking the time to listen to is of the utmost importance.
10. Wear whatever you want. Your body shape does not dictate your personal style, and fashion rules that say otherwise are wrong. Dress yourself in a way that makes you feel happy and confident and beautiful, because guess what? You are.
Fierce feline inspired cat eye sunglasses have been around for a while now, and with each passing season they continue to get bolder and bolder. These chic little sunnies have been spotted at the runway shows of Alice + Olivia, Anna, Sui, Erdem, Jason Wu and Prabal Gurung. We love the way this seasons designers are transforming the retro cat eye sunglasses into an entirely new and futuristic looking accessory. Cat eye sunglasses are the perfect choice for a girl who is going for a classic look, with a bit of unique flair as well.
Try The Trend Tips
Ladies, you need to get your hands on a chic pair of cat eye sunglasses ASAP, and keep these tips in mind while rocking this latest UV ray blocking trend.
- When it comes to frame size this season it’s time to bring out the big guns. Celebs are sporting the cat eye sunglasses trend in extra-large this year, just be sure that if you decided to super-size this trend that you keep the proportions of your face in mind. You don’t want your face to get lost in the trend.
- Why not up the wow factor of this trend even more and opt for metallic cat eye sunglasses, these sunnies make for a super chic statement accessory especially for those more formal sunglasses appropriate occasions.
The list of celebrity fashionistas rocking these kitty cat eyed sunnies is long, but it includes some of our favorite ladies like Dita von Teese, Salma Hayek, Sandra Bullock, Miley Cyrus, Rihanna and Nicole Richie.
This style of sunglasses looks particularly fetching on girls with heart and oval shaped faces; they seem to be able to pull off the sharp acute angle of the cat eye frames without getting lost in the look. Cat eye sunnies are a great way to amp up the sophistication factor of any ensemble, whether you’re rocking a trendy Zara skort and designer t-shirt or a simple denim shirt dress.
Quirky, cozy and chic are the words that best describe this latest fashion trend. The oh-so fashionable statement sweatshirt trend is ultra-wearable, extra-comfy and perfect for a wardrobe that will soon be transitioning from summer to fall. This season sweatshirts are hitting the scene adorned with bold prints, wordy messages and fun textures. On the runways fashion houses like Carven, Balmain, Jason Wu, Lanvin and Givenchy all showed chic high fashion statement sweatshirts. These couture sweatshirts can be paired with anything under the sun, from cut-offs to pencil skirts. We recommend you get your hands on a chic statement sweatshirt ASAP!
When it comes to taking this trend on a casual outing we suggest going with a bold faced sweatshirt, similar to the Kenzo tiger embroidered look that’s so popular with fashion bloggers right now. We suggest pairing a bold sweatshirt like this with high waisted light wash denim shorts and oxfords for a fierce ensemble.
To try out this trend in a more formal way pair a statement sweatshirt with a peplum pencil skirt. We know this sounds like an odd combo but with the addition of a chic pair of ankle strap heels and a subtle sexy side swept up do, you’ll be looking unique and very chic.
Try The Trend Tips
Ladies, the fashion gods have blessed us with a trend that’s as comfortable as it is chic, so be sure to add this trendy look into your wardrobe.
When it comes to statement sweatshirts this season, go for bold prints like leopard and zebra, just be sure to anchor your bold printed piece with a neutral of some sort.
If you’re not ready to make the bright colored or bold printed plunge, then go for monochromatic black and white. A black and white statement sweater is the perfect way to give this trend a little touch of class.
As far as hairstyle trends are concerned braids have taken the cake this year, braided tresses are all the rage and we love how celebrities and everyday fashionistas are working unique and interesting hair twists into their updo’s. Braids in general are super chic but recently we have seen an influx of up-dos with braided touches. Everything from the messy bun with a braid mixed into it or an intricate fishtail braid inter-weaved within classic updo styles. The addition of a braid to an updo can make it look fun, fresh and youthful not to mention unique and very chic. One of our favorite ways to rock a braided updo is to style your hair into a high bun with a braid wrapped around the base. Of course a high bun always looks polished and chic but the braid adds another layer of elegance to we just love. This style is pretty simple to do on your own and requires just a little bit of hair product.
Steps To a Braided Up-Do
- Style your hair into a sleek high ponytail, being sure to secure any flyaways and liberally gel or hairspray any unruly strands if need.
- Separate out a little section of hair from the ponytail for your braid, twist the remaining portion of the ponytail into a neat bun.
- With the little section of hair that remains, braid it and secure it with a small rubber band at the end.
- Then take the braid and wrap it around the base of the bun, tucking in the end of the braid and securing it with a bobby pin.
- Apply a few final spritzes of hairspray and shine serum and you’ll be looking super chic and very sophisticated.
Strap em’ up, ladies! This season give your legs some attention by wearing the sexy ankle strap heel. The classic heel made a comeback in the Sping ’13 and Pre-Fall ’13 runways and can now be spotted on the runway streets of every fashionable city. From a black suede open toe to a pointed neon yellow with clear accents, ankle straps can be found in a variety of styles and colors. Some may find the heel intimidating because it’s so thin but we’re glad to say that it should be the least of your worries; the trend calls for chunky heels too.
Celebrities that have been seen dressing up their ankles include Rihanna, Nicole Kidman, and Jennifer Lopez. The neon yellow pointed ankle strap with clear accents by designer Christian Louboutin was made popular by reality show star Kim Kardashian earlier this year when she posted a picture on Instagram. Even First Lady Michelle Obama was seen not long ago rocking a pair of black pointed Zara ankle straps (yay for affordable shoes!) at the awards for the President’s Committee on the Arts and the Humanities at the White House. Stay in the fashion loop and give these heels a try.
Try the Trend
This heel can be paired up with many different pieces because it comes in so many different colors and heel types. If you’re wearing the classic ankle strap with an open toe, we recommend pairing it up with some dark skinny jeans, a simple white top and a dark blazer. It’ll give you that boyish look without looking too boyish since the heels’ job is to provide a feminine feel to the look.
If you’re going for more of a feminine look all over, try pairing the heels with a little white dress. The LWD is trending at the moment and these heels will compliment it perfectly whether you choose a bright neon color or a neutral like beige.